Tuesday, February 28, 2012

A Weekend of Firsts

I guess it's firsts all around.  First blog post to start.  I thought that since so many of you are not able to see Cecilia on a daily or weekly basis that I would try to put updates out there for everyone to see, since I am not much of a Facebook poster of pictures.  So in honor of the first blog post , here are a list of Cecilia's "firsts"  from this weekend. 

Tummy to Back-
Saturday morning Sam and I went in Cecilia's room when she woke up and she was such a happy girl.  She normally is in the morning, something she certainly didn't get from me.  We had her do some Tummy Time in the crib and twice she rolled from her stomach to her back.  Of course by the time we got the camera out she decided the show was over so nothing to show off here...but we swear she did it!

Such a morning girl!


First taste of Cereal-
Cecilia had her 4 month check up last Wednesday.  She weighs in at 14 lbs (75%), is 26.5 inches (95%) and has a head diameter at 50%.  So in 4 months she has gained 6.5 half pounds and grown 6 inches!  Lately when Sam and I look at her we just say "When did she get so big?!"  It's almost as if it happened overnight.  But on top of the weight/length check in and shots :-( we also got the okay to go ahead and try cereal.  I set out on Saturday morning (before 9 am-crazy how life has changed) to the grocery store to get the cereal and applesauce that the doctor suggested.  She was just hungry enough and well rested from her nap when I got home to try it out.  We put her in the Bumbo chair  and gave it a try.  More of the first round ended up on her hands, face and bib than in her mouth, but she gave it a good try...

Kisses anyone?


We've tried a a few more times over the weekend and this week and she is starting to get the hang of the spoons.  She certainly likes holding on to them. 

Hopefully in the next two weeks she'll be good enough that we will start sending cereal to daycare with her. 

After we made sure the cereal was going to stay down, we brought out the Johnny Jump Up and hung it in her door way.  She like hanging out in the jumper, while I tried to clean out her drawers of clothes that are too small...buhbye three month clothes-hello six!  There wasn't much jumping taking place, mostly just dangling, but at Didi and Grandfathers she got bouncing thanks to the help of Didi.  I'm sure we will have video soon, but here are some pictures of her in the jumper.




Saturday night brought a mommy daughter first-Dinner with "the girls."  We've been out plenty and to different places, but one place I have been a little hesitant about has been restaurants.  Adrienne was up from Richmond for the Georgetown basketball game so Sara, Ella, Cecilia and I met her in Bethesda.  We tried out Vapiano's since it was kinda loungey and had tables but was also quick service in case Cecilia or Ella didn't make it.  All of those perfectly behaved trips where she just slept wherever we took her are likely gone.  She was awake and quiet for awhile in her seat, but then got cranky.  It was after her bed time, so bad mommy for having her out so late partying.  Sadly no pictures because I was too concerned if she was going to have a total meltdown. 

With the success of the Johnny Jump Up, Sam and I decided it was time for an Exersaucer.  Here is my formal complaint about Target.  I hate the new Targets that have added grocery sections.  I hate that they cut out other sections to make room and one of them is the baby section.  We didn't register at Target because when we went there they didn't have any of the products to touch or look at in person.  They have so many things online but sometimes I need to see the quality.  So from Target I headed to Buy Buy Baby and had success there.  We got the Einstein Ocean, although I was looking for the Around the World because we already have the ocean playmat.  She better learn to love the beach though.  Again, we put her in it after some assembly by Daddy and again, one happy little camper. 

That's a fish behind her head...not devil horns


I must say that we are INCREDIBLY lucky to have a baby that is so happy, likes her sleep and is open to trying new things.  She's not afraid to tell you that she doesn't like something though. 

Well hopefully we can update once a week or so on what's going on in our occasionally secluded little world here and will try to get pictures out there to everyone. 

Love,
A, S, & C

1 comment:

  1. I'm so excited you started this! I second that comment... when did she get so big! She's so adorable, I can't wait until I'm back in the same time zone and we can spend some quality time together.

    ReplyDelete